Monday, 8 September 2014

Tesco 25% Wine 2014 September Weston super Mare In Store Advertising

September 8th 2014 

Tesco Weston-super-Mare

In store banners, none state 'online only deal'

Plastered all over the wine aisle. 

" due to minimum unit pricing........
Excludes 75cl under £3.65, 1L under £4.86, 2.5L under £10.95, 3L under £14.60......"





I chose £15.49 and £16.99 respectively.
 
Discount was not applied at the self service machine. Staff unaware, bought to self serve cashier's attention who called the Dept Manager


Dept Manager stated she would 'Save / Suspend my self service transaction' I was not given an option to pay. (In hindsight, clever). 

Bought it to Customer Services had 25% applied but denied DTD as I had not paid - I was not given the choice!

I went back to purchase 2 more boxes and was denied 25% discount and also DTD. Had a total refund applied. "You deliberately bought 2 more boxes of wine" - err, yes.

Chatting about this after this situation, someone told me they went instore after me and did not get 25% discount - CS stating it was an 'online deal only' and 'in store only applied to bottles'.

This later transaction was denied 25% discount saying it was 'Internet only'

Read the T's and C's displayed in store - no mention of this



Tweeting @Tesco

No comments:

Post a Comment