Wednesday 11 November 2015

Tesco Frozen Healthy Living Thai Green Chicken Curry Review

Tesco Frozen Healthy Living Thai Green Chicken Curry Review


With a price at just £1.50 I was tempted to try this frozen meal, primarily because it was a branded Healthy Living product, and the fact I had not tried the froxen range of pre prepared Tesco frozen meals before. 

I participate in the Tesco Orchard scheme so with the £3 money off vouchers I was sent I ended up trying 2 of these meals for free.


The packing was clear and displayed the calorific content at just over 300 - I was intrigued how it would taste as a microwavable meal. 

The first thing I discovered was that the packaging was perforated, allowing steam to be the method of cooking. Nice.



So, after 7 minutes in the mocrowave and 60 seconds loitering around to 'let stand' I finally got to peel back the film and got to inhale the delicious aroma of thai curry and cooked chicken.


I ate this with nothing else, the meal volume was perfect for me, I would have been too full by eating it with something else. I especially liked the crunchy green beans and the creamy sauce.

Marks out of 10? Personally I am a big fan of chillis and this was not spicy at all to my palette, so I'm giving it a lemongrass inspired rating of 9 out of 10. Next time I'll add some freshly chopped chillies whilst it's standing for 60 seconds!





No comments:

Post a Comment